NKOTBSB

Can you all remember how I mentioned going to see NKOTBSB for my birthday in a previous post (here)? Well, I'm going to their show on 24th April at the Manchester Arena and I've decided to make posts about the groups, the concert and my excitement.


Since the first picture is the poster for the show I'll be going to, I'll write about this first, taken from wikipedia and the NKOTBSB homepage. Some parts I have slightly changed so it's a little shorter, because some were too long.

The NKOTBSB Tour was a co-headlining tour between American boy bands New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys. The tour visited/is visiting North America, Europe, Australia and Asia over 2011 and 2012 in total of 51 shows, the tour dates are here. This all started while both groups were on separate tours and they ended up on stage performing together, this then caused rumours with fans and that is what caused it all... 

"Right after we performed together everybody on Twitter and Facebook...it was everywhere that we were going on tour. So we started talking about it and we made it happen." - Brian Littrell.


Now one thing I found out about this tour was that one band wasn't supporting the other, but both groups would be sharing the stage just like the way they share the 'B' in NKOTBSB, which would make sense after seeing that they released a mixed album with 2 new songs, "All in My Head" and "Don't Turn Out the Lights" as well as songs from each groups, here is the tracklisting.

While looking further into things for the concert, I have also found a picture of the stage and seating plans for the show and the Manchester Arena, with the "penis stage", which was named this by Jordan Knight from NKOTB because of the shape. I've also marked down where my seat should be and it is so close to the front.


My ticket actually arrived this morning, and the print on the ticket is really cool too. It has the same picture as the first one at the top and has the NKOTBSB initials in the official hologram. It also has my seat number on there too, obviously, but just to hold it in my hands made me so excited.


As well as the "penis stage" I've also found the set-list for the concert, which I'll show you all here...

NKOTBSB
Medley: "Single" / "The One" (contains elements of "Viva la Vida")
New Kids on the Block
"Summertime"
Backstreet Boys
"The Call
New Kids on the Block
"Dirty Dancing"
Backstreet Boys
"Get Down (You're the One for Me)"
New Kids on the Block
"You Got It (The Right Stuff)"
Backstreet Boys
"Larger Than Life"
New Kids on the Block
"Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)"
"Valentine Girl"
"If You Go Away"
"Please Don't Go Girl"
Backstreet Boys
"Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely"
"10,000 Promises"
"I'll Never Break Your Heart"
"Inconsolable"
"Drowning"
"Incomplete"
New Kids on the Block
"Step By Step"
"Cover Girl"
"My Favorite Girl"
"Games"
"Click Click Click"
"Tonight"
Backstreet Boys
"Shape of My Heart"
"As Long As You Love Me"
"All I Have to Give"
"If You Stay" (contains excerpts of "Raspberry Beret")
"Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)" (contains elements of "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough")
New Kids on the Block
"I'll Be Loving You (Forever)"
Backstreet Boys
"I Want It That Way"
NKOTBSB
"Don't Turn Out the Lights"
Backstreet Boys
"Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"
New Kids on the Block
"Hangin’ Tough" (contains excerpts from "We Will Rock You")
NKOTBSB
Medley: "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" / "Hangin’ Tough" (Reprise)


From what Donnie Wahlberg, NKOTB, has said, the show will be about 2 and a half hours long. Now to see if this was true, I actually made a playlist of this on Spotify to see if it was true and the playlist I made came to 2 hours, so to add talks and messing round, it does sound pretty legit to me.

Well, I think it's about time I end this post now. I hope a few of you are a little wiser to what I'm obsessing over right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment